Monday, June 9, 2008

You know what I love?

I really love it when people don't get mad at me for not believing exactly what they believe, and we agree to disagree. When that happens, I feel a certain peace inside me. I love it when people really have a strong belief and when others disagree, they don't get mad. I try to do that same thing. I think that it's very important to never show anger, disapproval, or exclusion. I believe we need to show love, generosity, kindness, and compassion. That's something the world needs more of. It says so right in the bible. We live in a sin-sick world, and Satan is the prince, says that right in the bible as well! I like to think about these things, and with the help of other Christians around me and their beliefs and the way they present them, I have come to this:
We love God because He first loved us. Christ's love is shown through us. I mean, it's not like Christ depends on us loving people to love others, but as John Piper says, "God gets the most glory from us when we are most satisfied in Him." This is true. When Christians go up to un-believers and basically tell them "You have to believe exactly what I believe and you have to do exactly what this book tells you to do, or you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever", you aren't going to get the desired outcome. Unbelievers won't go for that. And I'm sure if you were in that position, you wouldn't either. But when you go to people in love and don't force beliefs, when you are so happy you can't stand it, when you always have a positive look, when no matter what people do to you, you don't get torn down, things like this. When other people see this, they'll go "I want what that person wants", I believe that's how the job is done. I mean, if a mother forces a child to do a sport, but they hate it, do you think they have respect for it? No, and not their mother much for that matter. But if a child sees what people are doing in a sport, and they want to do it, to have the satisfaction that that person has doing it, and their mother 100% supportive and let's them do it and is only happy for them, then that child will have a lot of respect for that sport and for their mother as well. I think this is how it should be like in evangelism. We were told to present the gospel, to help people learn more about Jesus, and to preach the bible in it's entirety. We were not told to save people or scare people into thinking our way just so you can have a precise number. You see what I'm getting at here? There is a specific commandment we were given by Jesus, the Great Commission, and I believe that people have taken that wayy too far. We can't save people, God does. There's nothing we can do about that, all we can do is what God has told us to do. We aren't Jesus, we aren't divinity, we aren't a "supernatural being" if you will, we are simple servants and children of God with one purpose: to proclaim the gospel wherever we go. Not force, no, not that at all. Proclaim. And we must do this in love. The bible does talk about approaching in love. People do have problems, and they should be pointed out, but in a loving manner. I believe when we are more open with other people, then they will be more open with us.
It's a beautiful thing, salvation. But people can't get saved if they don't hear the gospel. We mustn't fail God. We must do what He has commanded, in love for others and for Him. There is hope, and the world needs it. So, I "dare you to move, to lift yourself up off the floor". ;)
*alldone!*

No comments: