Monday, February 9, 2009

:|][|:

Wow. I am happy. Enraptured, ecstatic, jubilant, on cloud nine, and more. I can't express just how happy I am right now. It's times like these where I make sure that I'm focusing on Who I need to.

You know, there are times when things just don't seem to go right. Situation after situation, problem after problem, all these things get you down. People always say "when things are bad, we seem to run to God". People also say "when things are good, it's easy for us to praise God". Well, I'm gonna go with the latter for now. God has been far too good to me lately. It's amazing. I can see so much more progress in my life in the past 3 weeks than I have my whole life. I mean, the things I'm doing now, the friends I have, the things I say, it's so amazing. The reason I think it's so amazing is because I'm comparing it.

In the summer, I was a sad person. I felt so alone. While I still had God and Switchfoot, I was a very lonely person. I found out that not a lot of people like me, so I just didn't bother. I would have happy phases and sad phases. I dealt with depression and mood swings. That's not to say I'm "cured" or whatever now. I still have struggles with my sadness and grief. But God's showing the sunshine behind my shadows. The sunshine is so beautiful if you'd quit staring at the shadows.

I'm so grateful for the people I have in my life now. I know that these are genuine people and they won't leave my side. I have problems with my head. I always think that people hate me. Everyone. Even if they tell me otherwise. I thought that about these people for a little bit there, too. But now, I don't have that problem. There's this peaceful, sort of euphoria in my heart now. I trust these people. And I trust them lots. With my problems, my emotions, all of it. I know that these are great friends.

I can't tell you how happy I am. It's amazing what God uses. While my Switchfoot craze has died down a little bit (shocker, I know!!), God used that for a positive influence in my life. He used that to get me where I am now. "Fear is a lonely man". I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't heard that. Isn't it so cool what He uses to get your attention? That's something that I'll always remember and I'll carry it with me everywhere.

People ask me what that means. And I tell them. I tell them the story behind why it's written on my arm as well. I keep that line with me everywhere I go. It helps me remember where I was. I was a lonely man. A very, very, very lonely man. And I found out why. God showed me. By means of Switchfoot lyrics. I owe Him my life. No matter how good He has made it. He deserves all this happiness in me. Because He put it there.

Peace, love, and new friends.

1 comment:

A Khudori Soleh said...

salam. nice post. please visit to my site